I was listening to a great podcast* whilst driving home from work that discussed copywriting tips to persuade, promote and profit in your business.
*Note: The Podcast was Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield, and it was episode #60.
The interview was with copywriter extraordinaire Ray Edwards* and it was packed full of many wonderful tips about how to treat customers and sell more.
**Note: Seriously, check out Ray’s website for loads of awesome free resources! This guy charges up to $100k to write sales content for some big brand companies in the US. So he knows his stuff. I like his laid-back style too.
The key take away message that I found most interesting in this podcast was how to write content for our customers (and potential customers) either through Facebook, other social media, or even by letter – and most importantly by email.
Ray asked the listeners to think about how we send group emails to our customer database.
- Do we send sales type, heavily graphic designed, very corporate looking emails?
- Do we send coupon or offer related content?
- Do we use CAP LETTERS or capitalised words in our subject line?
- Do we start with hello everybody?
Where’s the social connection in any of that?
Ray says maybe if we treated our customers (and potential customers) like individuals, and like our friends, people might connect with us and want to know more about how we might be able to help them with our products or service.
Right on Ray! I hear ya! So next time you write an email maybe you could consider:
- Keeping the email clean of gimmicky sales design and hard corporate imagery.
- Do not send a coupon or offer.
- Use a subject line like “check out what we’ve discovered for you“, “you won’t believe what we’ve found” or “this is amazing, you’ll love it”.
- Change the start to something like, “hello, we’ve been thinking about you lately and wanted to share with you some of the amazing things we’ve learnt about X”
Simple, yet effective.
As a content marketing agency we work with you to empower your business and help you build an audience of ideal customers.
Driving results in business today requires best-practice digital and social media marketing. In fact, digital marketing is critical to business success. However, navigating the complex world of digital, and inbound content marketing, doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
With a little help and guidance from people who live and breathe print and simply ‘get digital’ we can create flexible advertising, marketing and digital marketing plans that are right for your business.
We create compelling content including but not limited to graphic design, copywriting, photography, video production, social media assets and marketing collateral.
Content marketing is Newstyle Media’s strategic marketing approach and what we are good at.
Focusing on creating, and importantly distributing, valuable, relevant content to attract, capture and retain a clearly-deﬁned audience that ultimately drives audience actions is our thing!
Email me here and we can arrange to have a chat over a coffee.