Here’s an extract from Newstyle Media’s fabulous 63+ Ways to Promote One Blog and Reach your Ideal Audience e-book.
So you’ve written an amazing blog and you can’t wait to start promoting it – and your business with it. But where do you begin? Where to start?
Facebook is always a good channel to start with, promotion wise. It has a user-friendly interface and the demographics of Facebook users are seriously impressive:
1.65 billion monthly users (as of March 2016)
More than 1.09 billion people use Facebook daily (as of March 2016)
989 million mobile daily active users (as of March 2016)
1.51 billion mobile monthly active users (as of March 2016)
84.2% of daily active users are outside the US and Canada (as of March 2016)
71 percent of American adults with access to the internet use Facebook (via Hootsuite)
Now though these are American figures, Australia is also firmly on the Facebook using bandwagon. So where do you begin? Start with these definitive tips for promoting your blog on Facebook.
1. Post a link to your blog onto your business Facebook page in the morning early in the week – driving traffic to your website.
2. Schedule a second post link to your blog on your business Facebook page in the afternoon on another day of the week. You can do this a week or two apart if you don’t post often on your page.
3. Schedule a third post link to your blog on your business Facebook page in the evening on another day of the week. You can do this a week or two apart if you don’t post often on your page.
4. Schedule a fourth post link to your blog on your business Facebook page on the weekend. You can do this a week or two apart if you don’t post often on your page.
5. Share the Facebook post onto your personal page to share with your contacts. If your team and company staff feel comfortable, ask them to do them same. If you all have 500 friends you can quickly build up the Facebook reach.
6. If you have a video as part of the blog, upload it natively to Facebook and link to the blog.
7. If you feel confident jump onto Facebook Live and let your audience know about the blogpost you’ve published, what it’s about and how it might help them. Make sure you go back and add a hyperlink to the blog post after you have finished broadcasting.
8. If the blog post is evergreen (still relevant) don’t be afraid to repost it a few weeks later, then again and again, and again throughout the year. You can use different intro wording and images if you like to mix it up a bit. But remember if it works… milk it!
Found this helpful? This is but a mere 8 of the 63+ ways to promote your one blog to an ideal audience. If you’d like to discover the other 55+ ways to promote your blog than just click on the link below and download your FREE ebook.
As a content marketing agency we work with you to empower your business and help you build an audience of ideal customers.
Driving results in business today requires best-practice digital and social media marketing. In fact, digital marketing is critical to business success. However, navigating the complex world of digital, and inbound content marketing, doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
With a little help and guidance from people who live and breathe print and simply 'get digital' we can create flexible advertising, marketing and digital marketing plans that are right for your business.
We create compelling content including but not limited to graphic design, copywriting, photography, video production, social media assets and marketing collateral.
Content marketing is Newstyle Media’s strategic marketing approach and what we are good at.
Focusing on creating, and importantly distributing, valuable, relevant content to attract, capture and retain a clearly-deﬁned audience that ultimately drives audience actions is our thing!